ApriLuv

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Welcome!!!

This is my very first post in my very first blog. I figured that since my new pasttime has become reading blogs that I would start one of my own. Those of you who are what I like to call professional bloggers or those of you who are used to the work of professional bloggers, PLEASE BE ADVISED: I do not know HTML. I will try to make it as cute and interesting as some of my favorite spots like Fresh's, crunk and disorderly. But do know that it will be a while before I am on that status. For now, you guys will just have to be entertained by the crazy, random thoughts that run through my mind.

Today I thought that I would give you guys the A, B, C's of Me so that you all can get to know (Yes I am stealing this from one of my other favorite blogs to visit, It's Like Butta and she got it from Will over at nastack.com, another one of my daily addictions.)

So without further due, the A, B, C's of D (yeah, I'm corny)...

A - Age: 26
B - Best Friend: Syande
C - Choice of Meat: Beef-I love a juicy, well seasoned steak
D - Dream Date: My fiance' taking me to Paris for a rendezvous
E - Exciting Adventure: Learning to swim for the first time in the ocean
F - Favorite Food: Italian
G - Greatest Accomplishment: Being the first person in my family to not have a child before 18 and being the first person in my family to graduate from college
H - Happiest Day of Your Life: This one is a tie - the day I graduated from college and the day I got engaged
I - Interests: Music (I can't imagine my life without it!), reading, pedagogy, pop culture, traveling, and of course shopping
J - Joke: It's private! LOL!
K - Kool-Aid: I haven't been drinking anything but water in 2005, but when I did drink Kool-Aid I liked the grape/lemon mix.
L - Love: Jubb, my fiance- The Love of My Life
M - Most valued possession: Is financial independence a possession??? I guess I would say my first piece of art, "Surrender" by Larry Poncho Brown
N - Name: Diona
O - Outfit You Love: I am a clothes horse. It is impossible for me to pick one. Any outfit that is flattering
P - Pizza Toppings: Sausage, pepperoni, onions, mushrooms & green peppers
Q - Question Asked To You the Most: “Do we have to write the questions too?" (I'm a teacher)
R - Radio Station: Now that I am grown if I have the radio on I need an Adult Mix WHUR 96.3 (Howard University's Station), WMMJ 102.3 and 92.3 (I don't know their call letters. I call it the B-more station. They play much better hip-hop than 93 and 95)
S - Sport: Basketball (I love it! Can't really play it, but I love watching it)
T - Television Show: Girlfriends and Trading Spouses (when I can catch it)
U - Umbrella in the rain?: Duh!! I's niggra! (sounding like Halle in Queen) You know I can't get my hair wet!
V - Video: This one is too hard. I grew up in the era of the music video. Choosing one is not fair so I'll just say The Vapors by Biz Markie
W - Winter: It's too cold! I need it to be at least 70 degrees.
X - X-rays recently?: My left arm from a car accident last year
Y - Year Born: 1979
Z - Zodiac Sign: Aries

D- Said It@ :: 7:22 PM :: 0 Said Something About It

Say Something!

-------------------------------------