ApriLuv

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

From the Files of the D HollyHood True Story

I am really trying to learn how to make my page better! I didn't want to post the picture below in the text area. I was trying to send it to blogger so that I could use it as a pic for my profile. Maybe I will figure out what I am doing by the end of the day. I won't have much time to play with blogger, though. Grades are due Monday so I have a ton of last minute essays and tests to grade. Today will be very busy, but there is no need to worry. We have Friday off!!! Thank you to all veterans.

Yesterday I was able to go by a few spots that I haven't been able to read in the last few days. I know that I have already mentioned it, but I really enjoy reading nastack.com. I love the mixtape reviews. If you are truly into hiphop, you will probably like it there too.

There is an interesting excerpt from an interview that someone had with a young lady (I'm being nice. Let's just go ahead and call a ho' a ho') who has recently slept with Havoc from Mobb Deep since he has become a member of G-Unit. She basically states that Havoc is a freak and a mediocre lover. What really makes this excerpt interesting to me is that I know him (not know him like that's my boy know him) , but he used to have a relationship with someone who is closer to me than I wish they are. She wouldn't have great stuff to say about him either if someone interviewed her. I won't put the person's name or relationship to me out there because it could be damaging and hurtful for them, but this young lady and Havoc were together for about a year and a half. She met him in Queens, where they both were living at the time.

Aesthetically speaking, this young lady is strikingly beautiful. She has that ever so popular video girl/model look: exotic features, smooth light brown skin, and long black silky hair. If anyone has seen Jay-Z's video for "La, La, La", she looks like the girl who is walking down the street while he is riding alongside in the Maybach. She is the product of an African American father and a Dominican mother. Basically, girlfriend has no problems pulling men with her looks. Yet, she was willing to settle for a physically and mentally abusive relationship with a 5 feet loser like Havoc. I won't go into all of the details, but Havoc has no problems treating women like shit - and I am not talking about some groupie. That was never the nature of their relationship. She thought that she was #1, but he quickly showed her that she needed to be willing to share. Clearly, this young lady's self-esteem is tainted and her all around self-concept is skewed. She is four years younger than I, and it hurt me to see her stay in that situation for so long. She needed counseling when they finally broke up.

I was a fan of Mobb Deep from way back when the only place you could see a video from them was on The Box. I'm talking '90-'91 when they had that stupid song "Hit it From the Back" (I know I was young and stupid then). I am actually glad that he has now set up shop on the balls of 50 (there I go again bringing up you know who's name). Maybe the notoriety, attention, and money that he will receive from being a part of G-Unit will help him to feel much better about the man that he sees in the mirror everyday. Then maybe he won't hate women so much. Unfortunately, that kind of seems to be an epidemic in hip hop lately. I just have one question: Why do so many rappers appear to hate women in general, and black women in particular?

D- Said It@ :: 10:15 AM :: 1 Said Something About It

Say Something!

-------------------------------------