ApriLuv

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Coons for Cash

I haven't posted in like a week. Things have been extremely busy lately. I have just started a new endeavor at work and it has been keeping me really busy. I am very excited about it, however. It's great to do work that really positively impacts the life of others. Today, I think I'll talk about a group of people who really make me shake my head. I like to call them....Coons for Cash.

A person is a Coon for Cash when they have no problem selling out themselves, their mama, and their community for fame and fortune. They will Shuck and Jive and act like a complete fool all in the name of a dollar. And don't get me wrong. I understand the game of living in a capitalist society like the United States of America. I know that ain't a damn thing changed. Everything is still like it was in the beginning- all about the 3 G's: Gold, God, and Glory. I definitely work hard to attain and retain my dollars, but I can't imagine ever taking it to the levels that some of my people take it sometimes. When you are willing to do any and everything for money that makes you a slave to the dollar. And who created the dollar? Well I guess that would make you a slave to them.

D- Said It@ :: 1:09 PM :: 0 Said Something About It

Say Something!

-------------------------------------