ApriLuv

Friday, December 30, 2005

DC Shine 12/30

I haven't posted much because I am on vacation doing what I should be doing while I am on vacation....MUCH of NOTHING!!

It's Friday, so it's time for a little DC Shine.

First up we have a very handsome brother who hails from just outside of the city. He reminds me of a young Lenny Kravitz. My sources tell me that Michael Ealy is originally from Silver Spring, MD. Most people know him from Barbershop, and being Halle's man.


He was a New Edition to one of my favorite groups of all time. The boy can saaang and he got his start in the church like many who came before him. Who am I talking about? None other than the talented Mr. Johnny Gill. Rub You the Right Way is still my jam!
Next we have a comedian/host now turned actor. I am so proud of this brother. He has really blown up! Every time I turn around he is in a new commercial, and I'm not talking about the bootleg Eastern Motors, Senate Auto Insurance, or Shoe City commercials. He has been featured in many national commercials. You can currently see him in a commercial for Southwest Airlines. He was also a past host of Rap City. Joe Claire, or Joe Cleazy as we locals know him, represents for Capitol Heights, MD. He also used to host Mad Sports on BET. NOTE: I know this pic SUCKS, but it was the ONLY one that I could find. If anyone has one that is better, please share it with a sista.

Dancer and recording artist, Mya is also from the DC Metro area, although we haven't heard much from her in a while. I remember when she was a dancer on Teen Summit. I believe that her parents still live in Mitchellville, MD, which is about 15 minutes outside of DC.

Last but not least there is Ginuwine, or Ginufine as my aunt likes to call him (and I don't know why). I actually know quite a few of his family members. His cousins used to live next door to my stepmother (I know, so ghetto of me). I believe that he, like most of the people on this week's list, is also really from PG County and not the city limits proper.

That's all for today folks. I'm not feeling my best, so I think I will curl up in bed and watch Woman Thou Art Loosed.


D- Said It@ :: 11:12 PM :: 0 Said Something About It

Say Something!

-------------------------------------