ApriLuv

Friday, December 16, 2005

DC Shine 12/16

Courtesy CakeandIce-cream

I figured that this may help other stragglers like me get in the spirit. If I wasn't engaged, Jada could be my Santa Baby. Happy Holidays, everyone!

DOUBLE POST

Happy Friday! I live for the weekend, so I am glad that it is almost here. Today is a good day to celebrate the place of one's birth, so I thought that I would give my hometown, Washington, DC, a little love. Chocolate City has produced many talented individuals. My new Friday list is going to give shine to some of the city's most famous and talented. It should be noted that this list includes a few people who were raised but not born in DC. I bet you will see a few on the list that you didn't even know were from DC.

Let's see. First up we have the beautiful and talented Taraji Henson representing the Sowfside, that's SE for all of you out-of-towners. She recently starred as the lead of Common's video, Testify. As a matter of fact, I read a rumor today that says that she is dating him. Interesting! Cute couple if it's true.

Also holding it down for Sowfeese is Regina Hall. Remember her as Candy in The Best Man? She is very talented and I would love to see her in a role that gives her a little bit of range.

Clifton Powell also represents for SE, although a website lists him as being from Yonkers, NY. He himself has said that he is from DC, so I don't know what's up with that.


I think everyone knows that Dave Chapelle is from DC. Dave and I both attended the Duke Ellington School of the Performing Arts as Theater majors. He's a graduate. I transferred to Wilson my junior year, so I am not.

Wrapping up my list for today is one of my top three male soul singers, the often imitated but never duplicated late great Marvin Gaye. Words can't really describe how great of an artist he is (I believe people live on through their music).

Next Friday, I'll give y'all five more.


D- Said It@ :: 10:24 AM :: 0 Said Something About It

Say Something!

-------------------------------------