ApriLuv

Monday, December 05, 2005

She Won't Deny It, She's a Straight Rider...


Last night, my aunt and I got into a long conversation about Gayle King, Oprah's best friend and Editor-in-Chief of O Magazine. Damn I wish my best friend was one of three black billionares in America. Do you guys remember when she had a talk show?? Poor thing! She, nor Oprah, could make the show work.
Our conversation lead us to a new invention, The I'm Ridin' for My Girl All the Way to The Bank Award. Of course, Gayle is the first recipient. Look at her in the pic above. She is cheesin' hard as she steps out of the chauffered SUV carrying shopping bags with expensive treats. Life is good for Ms. Gayle and she dare not bite the hand that feeds her.

The second recipient is one of the original Chil'ren, Miss Kelly Roland...



With the exception of Beyonce', (who doesn't count anyway because it has always been her group) Kelly is the only original member of Destiny's Child. Remember how she was never grouped with those other chicks. When they alleged that they weren't getting paid, Kelly started looking at them like they were crazy because she was all good. She sticks by her girl's side like white on rice and as we can see, it has paid off well for her. Doesn't she look beautiful in this picture? I hate to admit it, but as my Granny would say what a difference some hair makes.
Can you all think of a few more ladies that should be added to this list?

D- Said It@ :: 2:32 PM :: 1 Said Something About It

Say Something!

-------------------------------------