ApriLuv

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

It's only Tuesday, huh?

Well my trip to Trinity's financial aid office was wonderful. I was up in that piece all of 20 minutes and that is because there were 3 people in front of me when I got there! To top it off, they had computer terminals set up in the hallway to assist students with the registration/financial aid process. Some of you are probably thinking what is so great about that. Well you, my friends, must have never stood in a financial aid or registration line for 2 hours. I have and that shit is no walk in the park.

Anyway...I am a little down because I found out that a student in my school is pregnant. She is 11 years old, y'all. Just thinking about it really makes me sick to my stomach. Her mother is also pregnant. She has decided to have and keep the baby because, in her words I ain't givin' my baby to no stranger. Now, I think it is important that I let you know that she is 11, but academically and maturity wise she is like 8 years old. She is currently repeating the 5th grade. I can't even really express how I feel about this right now. It's just too much! I played Tupac's Brenda's Got a Baby as a warm-up song for my students before Christmas. Today, one of my little girls said, Ms. M-, we got us a girl like that girl in that Tupac song at our school. I didn't believe her until an administrator told me. Now I have to help with damage control to make sure that it doesn't get all over the school. Teaching is a hard job, period. But when you actually care, it is truly divine work.

Pray for me and the kids, y'all.

D- Said It@ :: 8:07 PM :: 6 Said Something About It

Say Something!

-------------------------------------