ApriLuv

Friday, January 20, 2006

TGIF!!!!!

Happy Friday to ya! Feelin' good, feelin' great, how are you? I am so glad that the weekend is upon us. I live for the weekend!!! Every single radio station in DC and B-more that is marketed to the urban crowd between the ages of 10 and 50 has been talking about Cam'ron's Jay-Z dis song. If you are not familiar with it and you care, stop be Eskay's and check it out.

I am a loyal fan to President Carter so you can pretty much fill in the blanks for what I think about Mr. Giles' new publicity stunt. I did find something interesting involving J on You Tube (my new favorite place), however. I may be late, but I had never seen this. I wonder why it never made it into mainstream existence. Maybe it reveals too much about his personal relationships. I would love to hear what others think.

Check it out:


NOTE: Stop the music video in the sidebar before you attempt to play this.

Also, you guys know that it is Friday, so I must give a little Shine to my city. It's DC Shine time....

Edward Kennedy "Duke" Ellington was born in Washington, D.C. on April 29th, 1899. Duke got his first job selling peanuts at Washington Senator’s baseball games. He even attended Armstrong Manual Training School to study commercial art instead of going to an academics-oriented school. Quick history lesson for you young heads: During the time of Jim Crow or segregation, if you were black in DC you could only attend Armstrong or Dunbar. He left the city in 1923 to move to New York and pursue a career in music that would eventually make him famous. The name of his band was even the Washingtonians. Duke passed away in 1974. Not long after his death, a high school patterned after the hit movie Fame was named in his honor. This school would go on to produce many other famous talents such as Dave Chappelle.

Well there you have it and there you go. Have a wonderful Friday and a restful weekend.


D- Said It@ :: 11:27 AM :: 3 Said Something About It

Say Something!

-------------------------------------