ApriLuv

Friday, January 27, 2006

It's Friday!!!!!!!!!/DC Shine 1/27

It's Friday and I am in a good mood! I'm listening to one of my favorite cds, Raphael Saadiq's Instant Vintage. Check out the video of him with D'Angelo before his dopefiend days. (so sad) It has been cold as Bitches Brew in the Nation's Capital for the past few days, but today we have lots of sunshine and it's supposed to go all the way up to 48 degrees! (insert sarcastic smiley)

This was a doozy of a week. I had a paper due for my Thursday night class so I have been a little incognegro. Thanks to everyone who read as I vented about my student and his mom. I tell you! You want to see the ills of society? Then become a teacher!

Let's get right to this week's DC Shine. I think I will do two because I am in such a good mood.

Here we go...

This is for my fellow Old Schoolers. Most folk won't even remember my girl, but she had a few hits back in the day. Tell me you remember Love on a Two Way Street and Perfect Combination! She even had a few duets with fellow hometowner, Johnny Gill. Stacie Lattisaw is one of DC's own. She represents for my neck of the woods, Northeast. My mom even went to school with her sisters. I remember vividly that one of them was nicknamed Pig (how mean). I believe that she still lives in the area and is now a born-again Christian a la Pebbles and Vanity. Obscure music fact: Sean "Puffy" Combs was a back up dancer in one of her videos in the early 90s.



Next up we have one of my favorite comedians. He needs no real introduction. Everyone knows Marty Mar! Martin Lawrence was born in Germany, as his parents were in the service. However, he was raised in the Washington, DC area. Martin grew up in Landover, MD, right down the street from Fedex Field, where the Redskins currently play. Go and check out his new movie, Big Momma's House 2, this weekend.


I'm sure I'll be around this weekend. Grades are due Monday, but I am sure I will post at least once. You all have a safe, relaxing weekend.


D- Said It@ :: 8:47 AM :: 4 Said Something About It

Say Something!

-------------------------------------